Jen Epting likes working in lists. Ahem. Ten things about her:
- She has lived in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, New York, Vermont, Aix–en–Provence, Clermont–Ferrand and Paris.
- Today, she lives in Brooklyn with her cat, Oscar.
- She graduated from Muhlenberg College in 2003 and got her Master’s from Middlebury College in 2007. She loved both institutions.
- Though no longer in school, she tries to be constantly enrolled in some kind of class (from Spanish to embroidery to writing).
- At Arc90, she is usually found wireframing new software, writing copy or interacting with Kindling clients.
- She speaks French and can whip out some Spanish or German, if necessary. Note that PHP and other programming languages were purposely left off this list.
- She does not like HTML … or maybe HTML does not like her. Unclear.
- Once she gave a speech to her brother’s class and said “people are going to say you got to where you are because you’re lucky. But labeling it as lucky completely discredits how hard you’ve worked to get there.” She still thinks this is true.
- She writes about and documents life on her blog. She hopes to one day publish a book.
- The book could be about what it’s like to enter the technology industry with no tech background. Or it could be about the benefit of working with optimists. Or it could be fiction. Guess we’ll see about that one.